Common Chinese Name (pinyin): 番薯 (fān shǔ），红薯 (hong shǔ)
TCM Five Flavors: Sweet
TCM Energetics: Neutral
Meridian Affinity: Spleen, kidney
Nutritional Science: 成分
- Nutrients: Dietary fiber, high in vitamin B
- Function: Promote bowel movement and prevent constipation. Cardiovascular disease prevention and promote cholesterol excretion
TCM Benefits: 功效
- Tonify the Middle and benefit the Spleen
- Regulate the blood
- Nourish the Qi
- Quench thirsty and reduce edema
- Help with digestive system health and relieve constipation
- Help with Damp-heat and jaundice
Cooking Suggestions: 使用方法
- Steam, bake, or make soup.
- Can be used interchangeably with pumpkin.
- Do not over consume, which may cause excess stomach acid.
- Individuals with weak or cold spleen and stomach, should not consume raw sweet potato.