These organically grown, jumbo-size jujube dates are from Southern Xin Jiang, China, a region known for its beautiful, sweet, ruby-like jujube dates. The plant has been growing in Xin Jiang for more than 8000 years and they flourish due to the abundance of sunlight and the unique desert climate in that region. Unlike conventional dates that are dried in a factory and preserved with sulfate, these jujubes are dried naturally in the open air of Xin Jiang and are not processed with sulfate.
Quantity: 5oz, around 10-13 pieces
Common Chinese name: 红枣 hong zao / 大枣 da zao
Scientific name: jujubae fructus
TCM Five Flavors: Sweet
Thermal Nature: Natural
Meridians: Stomach, Spleen
- Per 100g (6-8pc) of jumbo jujube contains 250 calories, 10g fiber, 3g protein, Vitamin A and C.
- Builds blood
- Tonifies Spleen Qi to reduce fatigue
- Calms irritability and emotional disorders
- Harmonizes toxicity: balances pH in the body
- No known contraindications. Consume in moderation if you have dampness/phlegm accumulation, food stagnation, or diabetes.
- Eat directly as a snack, add to bone broth, make desserts. Please search "jujube" on our site to find recipes!