Common Chinese Name: 银耳/白木耳, Yin Er/Bai Mu Er
Common English Name: Snow fungus, white wood ear mushroom, tremella, silver ear mushroom
Scientific Name: Tremella Fuciformis
Common Form: White/light yellow dried mushroom
TCM Five Flavors: Sweet/Bland
TCM Energetics: Neutral
Nutrients: dietary fiber, protein (6 of the 8 essential amino acids), calcium, iron, antioxidants, multiple polysaccharides
- Improves skin health, anti-aging
- Supports immune system and digestion
- Replenishes the kidneys
- Clears the lungs: relieves throat dryness and coughing
- Helps with constipation and irregular menstrual cycles
- Always soak for at least an hour in sufficient water before cooking.
- Blanch and make salad or stir fry with other vegetables.
- Add to sweet porridge or soup. They are more suitable for sweet dishes.
- Please search "snow fungus" on our site to see more recipes!