Sourcing: Our organically grown, sulfate-free chrysanthemums are sourced in Hangzhou and the countryside near this beautiful lake-dotted city. Rather than offering a single variety of chrysanthemum, we've picked three of the most medicinal and fragrant varieties--Gong, Tai, and Hang White--to offer you the most well-rounded flavors and medicinal benefits.
Common Chinese Name: 菊花 (ju hua)
Common English Name: Chrysanthemum
Scientific Name: Chrysanthemi Flos
Common Form: Yellow and/or white dried flower bud
TCM Five Flavors: Sweet, Bitter, Acrid
TCM Energetics: Cool
Meridian Affiliation: Liver, Lung
12 calories in cup. Contains Vitamin B9 22%DV, Manganese 20.91% DV, Iron 14.63% DV, Copper 7.78%DV, Vitamin B6 6.92%DV
- Releases wind-heat
- Clears the Liver and the eyes
- Cools rising Liver Yang and Heat
- Lowers blood pressure
- Clears heat toxin
- Treats acute fever, sore throat, dry mouth, and headache
- Relieves red, swollen, or dry eyes
- Helps with skin inflammation when used topically or in a bath
- Cools heat
- Steep 1-2 tbsp chrysanthemum with some goji berry to 1 cup of boiling water.
Notes and Safety:
- Generally safe for consumption in moderation. It has a very long history of culinary and medicinal use.