Common Chinese Name (pinyin): 梨 (Li）
TCM Five Flavors: sweet, slightly sour
TCM Energetics: cooling
Meridian Affinity: Lung, Stomach
Nutrients: organic acids (citric acid, malic acid), vitamin B1, B2, C, natural sugar, potassium, sodium, magnesium, manganese, volatile oil, dietary fiber, flavonoids, antioxidants
Function: anti-inflammatory, reduce high blood sugar, anti-bacterial
- Stop coughing and reduce phlegm
- Cool heat and reduce inflammation
- Moisen the lungs and relieve dry throat
- Help with hangover
- Consume cooked or raw. We recommend make a pear stew with our Throat Soothing Culinary TCM Tonic Bag.
- Pear, lotus root, water chestnut, and Mai Dong juice may help with hangover.
Five Seasons TCM Recipes:
Notes & Safety:
- Generally, it is very safe if consumed in moderation.
- Do not over consume raw pear, which may cause diarrhea and/or abdominal pain if you have a cold constitution and weak digestion.