Common Chinese Name (pinyin): 糯米 (nuò mǐ)
TCM Five Flavors: Sweet
TCM Energetics: Warm
Meridian Affinity: Spleen, Lungs, Stomach
- Tonifying middle and Qi-boosting
- Strengthen the spleen and stomach, benefit lung qi
- Stop diarrhea
- Reduce urination
- Relieve excessive perspiration
- Scarring - result from acne or infection
- Nutrients: protein, fat, carbohydrates, thiamin (vitamin B1), riboflavin (vitamin B2), niacin (vitamin B3), phosphorus, calcium, iron, etc.
- Function: Replenish energy and vitamin B group. Anti-carcinogen.
- Porridge, decoction, or making pills or powder. (30 - 60g)
Notes & Safety:
- Individuals with damp heat, phlegm-fire should avoid.
- Glutinous rice is sticky, and can cause indigestion especially when cooked into pastry. Infants, toddler, elderly and individuals recovering from illness should avoid consumption.