Common Chinese Name (pinyin): 马铃薯 (mǎ líng shǔ），土豆，薯仔
TCM Five Flavors: Sweet
TCM Energetics: Neutral
Meridian Affinity: Stomach, large intestine
Nutritional Science: 成分
- Nutrients: Amino acids, carotene, mucin, vitamin C, vitamin B family, POT II
- Function: Reduce food absorption, stimulate collagen biosynthesis, prevention for cardiovascular diseases, anti-aging, and antioxidation.
TCM Benefits: 功效
- Nourish the Qi and invigorate the spleen
- Tonify the Middle and strengthen the stomach
- Reduce fluid retention and detoxify
- Warm stomach and spleen
- Heal sores and burns
Cooking Suggestions: 使用方法
- We are sure that you know how to cook potatoes :)
Notes & Safety:
- Generally, it is very safe if consumed in moderation.
- Individuals with weak spleen and stomach should consume less fried potatoes.
- Sprouted potatoes can cause poisoning when eaten.