Common Chinese Name (pinyin): 绿豆 (lǜ dòu）
TCM Five Flavors: Sweet
TCM Energetics: Cooling
Meridian Affinity: Heart, stomach
Nutritional Science: 成分
- Protein, carbohydrates carotene, riboflavin B2, phosphatidylcholine (PC).
- Function: Lower blood lipid, cardiovascular disease prevention, anti-tumor, antibacterial, protects liver and kidney.
- It contains high level of antioxidant which will reduce chronic disease risk
- Antioxidants Vitexin and Isovitexin: may prevent heat stroke
- May Lower LDL Levels which can lower the risk of heart disease
TCM Benefits: 功效
- Clear heat and relieve summer heat and red eye
- Diuretic and detoxification
- Alleviate summer heat and thirst
- Relieve common cold with wind-heat syndrome
Cooking Suggestions: 使用方法
- Soak overnight before cooking.
- Add to porridge or rice.
- Make sweet filling with shelled mung bean.
Five Seasons TCM Recipes:
Generally, it is very safe if consumed in moderation (30g/day)
Notes & Safety:
Individuals with weak and cold spleen & stomach should be cautious.