Common Chinese Name (pinyin): 粟米 (sù mǐ）小米
TCM Five Flavors: Sweet, salty
TCM Energetics: Cool
Meridian Affinity: Kidney, spleen, stomach
Nutritional Science: 成分
- Nutrients: Fat, protein, starch, thiamin (vitamin B1)
- Function: Nervous system, heart health, antibacterial effect.
TCM Benefits: 功效
- Tonify the Middle Jiao: promotes digestion
- Benefit the Kidneys
- Clear heat and detoxify
- Relieve nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea
- Moisturize the body, quench thirst
- Dispel wind, relieve skin rashes
Cooking Suggestions: 使用方法
- Make rice or congee.
Five Season TCM Recipe:
Notes & Safety:
- Should not be eaten with xing ren, might cause vomiting or diarrhea.
- There are many different types of millet. Here we are referring to the Chinese foxtail millet, which is a small, bright yellow grain.
- Purchase USDA organic foxtail millet here.