Common Chinese Name (pinyin): 豌豆 (wān dòu）
TCM Five Flavors: Sweet
TCM Energetics: Neutral
Meridian Affinity: Spleen, stomach
Nutritional Science: 成分
- Nutrients: Amino acids, plant lectins, organic acids, vitamin C, thiamin vitamin B1, riboflavin vitamin B2, tocopherol vitamin E, carotene, calcium, and magnesium.
- Function: Improve immune function, anti-carcinogenic, antibacterial, anti-inflammation, increase metabolism, rich in fiber which promotes bowel movement.
TCM Benefits: 功效
- Regulate the Middle and descend Qi
- Promote lactation
- Diuresis and detoxification
- Calm discomfort in spleen and stomach
- Help with nausea and vomiting
- Reduce water retention
Cooking Suggestions: 使用方法
- Made dal, soup, rice.
- We recommend Sigure of Chen Pi and Pea | 陈皮豌豆雪茄
Generally, it is very safe if consumed in moderation.