Common Chinese Name (pinyin): 绿豆芽 (lǜ dòu yá）
TCM Five Flavors: Sweet
TCM Energetics: Cold
Meridian Affinity: Heart, stomach
Nutritional Science: 成分
- Nutrients: Rich in protein and carbohydrates. Contain carotene, riboflavin, phosphatidylcholine (PC), vitamin C.
- Function: Treat scurvy, lower blood lipid, reduce lipid accumulation in the blood vessel, and prevent cardiovascular disease. Prevention in gastrointestinal related cancer.
TCM Benefits: 功效
- Clear heat and relieve summer heat
- Diuresis and detoxify
- Relieve constipation and hydrate the body
- Improve eye health
- Treat scurvy
- Help with weight management
Cooking Suggestions: 使用方法
- Stir fry, braise, add to soup.
Notes & Safety::
- Generally, it is very safe. However, do not consume raw!
- Individuals with weak and cold spleen & stomach should not consume raw mung bean sprouts.