Five Seasons Throat Soothing Tonic Bag is not only for the throat. It contains hydrating and cooling ingredients like chrysanthemum flower that compliments goji berry in not only flavors but also medicinal benefits. They work together to support the health of our eyes, reduce heat, and hydrate you from within. They also provide our dish with a nice and slightly sweet fragrance! This flavorful yet light recipe makes for a perfect breakfast, especially for the Spring and Autumn!
Cooling and Hydrating Goji Berry Oatmeal | 清喉清热枸杞燕麦粥
VEGAN | GLUTEN-FREE | NUT-FREE
Please credit us @fiveseasonstcm if you want to repost this recipe.
1 Throat Soothing Culinary TCM Tonic Bag (optional)
2 cups of unsweetened soy milk 无糖豆奶
1/2 cup of oats 麦片
2 tbsp Chrysanthemum 菊花
2 tbsp Dried Goji Berries 干枸杞
1 tbsp Greek or plant-based yogurt (optional) 酸奶酪
1 tsp Osmanthus Flower (optional) 桂花
Fresh figs, cut into quarters (optional) 新鲜无花果
Sweetener of choice (honey, maple, agave, etc) 甜味剂
Steep tonic bag in boiling soy milk for 5 minutes to make an herbal soy milk.
In a small stovetop pan, add herbal soy milk and dried goji berries. Wait until the mixture comes to a boil.
Once the mixture comes to a boil, add in dried oats and stir until well combined. (The ratio of dried oats to the liquid can be adjusted based on preference of oatmeal texture/taste).
When oatmeal has reached your preferred texture, add in sweetener of choice.
Transfer it into a small bowl, and top with yogurt, fresh figs, a sprinkle of osmanthus flower, or any other toppings of choice.
- Releases Wind-Heat: For acute fever, sore throat, headache, dry mouth, and red or burning eyes
- Clears heat from the liver and the eyes: Used to treat red, painful, swollen or dry eyes, excessive tearing, spots in front of the eyes, blurry vision, or dizziness, due to either wind-heat, or kidney/liver yin deficiency. For myopia, combine with sheng di huang, zhi ke, and tian men dong.
- Cools rising Liver Yang: Used for hypertension, dizziness, distended headache, and vertigo.
- Clears heat toxin from the skin: Used to treat abscesses and ulcers.
- Prevents heat accumulation: Can be taken as a daily tea to prevent buildup of heat